Driver Helper – 2PM – 12:30AM SHIFT Job at Newrest Atlanta, GA
Full Job Description
Newrest ATL has immediate positions available for Driver Helper to work in In-Flight Catering.
Shift Days are TH-SUN OR FRI-MON.
Must Work Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Must Work Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday
The incumbent loads galley equipment onto a truck ride in the truck with the drivers to various aircraft types and loads the equipment. He/she accomplishes all activities in line with customers’ guidelines while adhering to safety regulations. Drivers will work and abide by all safety protocols and procedures established by Newrest ATL and the Atlanta airport. Drivers will perform all essential functions listed below but will not be limited to them. Operational needs will determine what tasks and functions need to be completed on any given day.
**While waiting for the fingerprinting process, Drivers will work in the interior learning the entire process, including, but not limited to, working in the Fridge, on the Dock, or in other designated areas.
- Loading and unloading of all equipment on trucks
- Check the conformity of the number of trolleys and cabinets to be delivered before loading.
- Fill pre-trip inspection book & perform mandatory safety checks of the vehicle for each shift.
- Ensure loading the products into vehicles according to the plan galley.
- Ensure on-time delivery of all items for each flight.
- or damage to items being transported.
- Observe the proper use of equipment.
- Follow all procedures for health, safety, and security.
- Maintain a clean working area, maintain clean loading docks, and maintain clean equipment following rules.
- Be diligent, punctual, and reliable.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Proper utilization and compliance with all relative technology provided to complete daily job functions.
- Communicate over radios to provide updates/issues on the current location.
- Proper compliance with GMP cc: GMP document
- Usage and compliance of provided Newrest ATL safety vest, work boots, and SIDA badge.
- Implementation of all current and new operation procedures
- Communication to leadership if a safety risk is presented.
- Flexibility to accommodate any job task requested by leadership.
- Understanding and awareness of a rapidly changing work environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Must be able to acquire a DOT Medical Card
- Prior experience in the airline or aviation-related industry is a plus.
- Ability to pass all required airport security clearance.
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English.
- Understanding and ability to use and manage technological devices.
- Good attendance habits
- Ability to adapt to new operating procedures.
- Awareness of safety risks
- Ability to communicate issues and knowledge gaps.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) awareness is an asset otherwise training will be provided.
- Ability to handle pressure and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work mornings, evenings, and weekends (depending on assigned shift) and work overtime when required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work outdoors and in varying temperatures and environments.
- Experience on US airport tarmac is strongly recommended.
- Understand the rules of hygiene, safety, and security.
- Authorization to work in the USA for any employer.
- Free lunch provided every day.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time-Off
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on-board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession.
With 2016 revenues under management of 1,693.6 M€ and more than 29,500 employees worldwide in 48 countries, Newrest offers career opportunities in France and abroad within a Group that is constantly looking for new talents for our numerous subsidiaries spread out on five continents. Join Newrest to participate in an exciting entrepreneurial adventure offering unique career opportunities.
- Newrest is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Newrest maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity. Communicate by radio to supervisors and dispatchers.
- Secure all products before delivery to the aircraft by sealing material (truck)
- Ensure compliance with loading according to the procedures in place.
- Ensure cleaning of the vehicle and the area around the dock after each shift
- Fill out various security documents (certificate), safety, and HACCP.
- Install protective devices: such as bracing, padding, and strapping, to prevent shifting.
About the Company
Company Location: Atlanta, GA